For the most part, the Changchun Friends website is not very active and has been superseded by the Tencent "Wechat" app by the local expat community. This website is maintained sporadically, people may still join and membership is still open, but if you are a spammer, stay away. The archived information here is still useful, but some may be out of date. There are plans to make it more useful for static information in the future. If anyone needs information about Changchun or China, you may post a message and it probably will get a response but not immediately.

Changchun Friends

a great way to get involved

Female teacher needed 3 hours per week for private student - 200 元 per hour

Good opportunity available

Looking for a female teacher with an American accent to teach English to a 12 year old girl.  Salary will be 200 元 per hour for 3 hours on Friday Evening and the weekend flexible time.  Time can be split up into 2-90 minute classes or 3-60minute classes.

Teaching will be done via Skype.  Student is in Beijing and the class will be taught remotely.  Teacher must be able to conduct the private class by Skype.  Student may be in Changchun during holidays, so the teacher may meet her in person during those times.

This assignment is projected to being long term.  

If interested, please contact me here at Changchun Friends or at 1363.431.5722

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

Which American accent do you want, Dave?

Southern drawl? Texan twang? Bronx whine?

I like the southern drawl from North Carolina, ah, it brings back memories. 

Technically, I guess, a Canadian accent would also be acceptable.  

My friend would like to find someone very soon, so if you know of anyone who fits the criteria. . .

Dang ... too bad all the girls I know have cute Russian accents ;-)

Someone asked me what the teacher needs to do. 

You will need to schedule a class for Friday evening for 90 minutes and anytime either Saturday or Sunday for the second 90 minutes class

You will need to connect to the student using Skype teleconference program.  That means you can do it from your home while you drinking a coffee or a downtown cafe while you are drinking a tea.

Its not actually that hard to have a class using Skype, you can use a textbook and do a lot of drills.

200 rmb an hour or about 2,400 rmb a month, for a long term commitment

Sorry, a female with an American accent was requested, its not me making that decision.

Usually, when they make a request like that, it's the student requesting a "neutral" accent. They don't want British, or Australian, because the phonetics of those accents can be rather strong. Parents very rarely ask for this sort of thing, unless they are planning for their son/daughter to go to an American uni, and they want them to "fit-in" better.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Richard Roman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service