For the most part, the Changchun Friends website is not very active and has been superseded by the Tencent "Wechat" app by the local expat community. This website is maintained sporadically, people may still join and membership is still open, but if you are a spammer, stay away. The archived information here is still useful, but some may be out of date. There are plans to make it more useful for static information in the future. If anyone needs information about Changchun or China, you may post a message and it probably will get a response but not immediately.

Changchun Friends

a great way to get involved

Can two foreigners get married in CC ?

Hello everyone! Lately I have been doing some research of my own and I found out that technically two foreigners CAN get married in China, but in some cases the Chinese authorities may choose not to do it due to lack of jurisprudence, the know-how or plain laziness. What I do know for a fact is that it can be done in bigger cities with a much bigger expat population like Beijing or Shanghai. What I do not know is if it can be done in Chang Chun.

Can any of you give help me with this or at least point in the right direction? Where should I go? Who should I ask? What is this place called in Chinese? Even better: could any one give me an address?

The fact is, I am very confused! Some people have been telling me to go to the police station while others have been telling me to go to the Marriage Registration Office, Bureau of Civil Affairs. And I simply do not know where any of this places are...

Like always,

Thanks in advanced!

Views: 65

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Changchun Friends to add comments!

Join Changchun Friends

Comment by Fernando on July 9, 2012 at 14:52

Terrible joke Ferney...

Comment by Richard ridealgh on July 5, 2012 at 12:37

2 foreigners may get married in China, but its quite a lengthy process to make it legal.

First to get married here, you will have to get the marriage licence. After that is done, you will have a red book that represents the licence. Then after that you will have to seek out a notary in the city that is excepted by embassies. Changchun has a few. Then you will have to go the embassy of the country you come from and have it dealt with by them. In fact looking at my embassy (UK), we have a section through the consulate General that deals with such applications.

Comment by Richard Roman on July 5, 2012 at 11:42

Good point Ferney! fernando - if you marry the taxi driver all your problems will be over!

seriously, I have foreign friends who have got married in the Chun but I have no idea if that was just the service and the marriage was legalised elsewhere

© 2024   Created by Richard Roman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service